Our aims in Structures and Administration of the Club are:
- To be well organised and professional in all that we do
- To have a clear, well-defined structure in place, which promotes involvement and has inclusive representation for all members of our Club
- To evenly share the operational knowledge and workload of our Club to ensure all key activities are being managed effectively
- To promote an ethos of continuous improvement with officers being developed at all levels in the Club
Club Executive Committee
The Executive Committee is the controlling body in the Club. It is elected annually at the Club AGM. The Executive Committee has the sole right to appoint Subcommittees/groups as required. The Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer shall be the ex-officio members of all Subcommittees.
The Club Executive Committee will be composed of 15 members as set out below. (Although the proposed number of personnel on the Club Executive may appear large, it is proposed that the committee will meet every four-six weeks only).
The following roles of the Club Executive Committee should be elected at the AGM (all officer positions to be held for no more than 4 consecutive years).
- Vice Chairperson (Planning & Support Subcommittee Chair)
- Treasurer (Finance Subcommittee Chair)
- Assistant Secretary / Registrar (Membership & Registration Group Chair)
- PRO (Communication Team Lead)
- Irish language and Culture Officer
- Children’s Officer
- Players Representative Club
- Development & Planning Officer (Planning and Support Subcommittee Chair)
- Club Coaching Officer (Games Development and Coaching Subcommittee Chair)
- Club Social Officer (Social, Cultural and Events Subcommittee Chair)
- Club Facilities Officer (Facilities and Development Subcommittee Chair)
- Assistant. Treasurer (Fundraising Unit Chair)
- Outgoing Chairman (The outgoing Chairman is to remain as an Executive Member for a period of one year unless entitled to be a member of the Executive Committee under another criterion)
The Five Principal Subcommittees of the Club Executive deal with key areas of the Club’s activities. The composition (including size) of each Executive Subcommittee is dictated both by the workload and by the expertise required in each group. The subgroups are formed from a cross-section of Club members.
- Planning & Support Subcommittee
- Finance & Funding Subcommittee
- Games Development and Coaching Subcommittee
- Facilities & Development Subcommittee
- Social, Cultural and Events Subcommittee
Club Roles & Responsibilities
To ensure volunteers enjoy their involvement in GAA it is important to ensure that individuals are appointed to roles that suit their strengths and personality. All volunteers should fully understand what is expected of them regarding time, effort and commitment. A list of responsibilities is available here for download and should act as below are guidelines to those in the role.
One Gaelic Games Family
The GAA, Ladies Gaelic Football Association and the Camogie Association each have their own membership, governance and traditions. O’Dwyers GAA Club operate the One Club Approach promoting the playing of Gaelic games at both juvenile and adult level.
Annual General Meeting
Each year, the Club holds an Annual General Meeting (AGM). The AGM is the most important meeting of the year and every effort should be made to ensure that it is organised in accordance with the rules as laid out in the Club constitution. The purpose of the AGM is to:
- Review the work of the previous year.
- Review financial statements and auditors reports.
- Elect officers and executive committee members.
- Get members views on Club and Association policy.
- Consider Club policy and revise or endorse.
- Make submissions through motions to the County Committee on the framing of policy and dealing with the rules of the Association.
It is the Executive Committee of the Club that decides the date and location for the Club AGM. However, in general, the meeting takes place on a date before the end of November each year i.e. before the County Convention (rule 8.3 of the Club constitution).