Games Promotion Officers (GPO)
Larissa Muldoon is our Games Promotion Officer.
Larissa took up the position as Games Promotion Officer in the club in April 2017. Larissa works intensively with local schools and our nursery as well as supporting the club’s own mentors and players.
Larris is always available to talk with parents whose children are interested in becoming involved with Gaelic Games at the club. Larissa contact details are available on our contact page
Here are some of the areas Larrisa is involved with:
School & Juvenile Coaching Activities:
- Four days a week in schools during school term across Balbriggan covering twenty-five different classes.
- After 8 weeks in a school, there are blitz’s/festivals organised for all schools to come together in the community
- Organising after-school clubs and initiatives
- Coaching of primary school teams
- Providing coaching support on match days and training of GAA teams in Schools
- Tutor transition year students in foundation level coaching
- Tutor team coaches in foundation level coaching
- Attend primary and secondary school matches.
- These activities extend to over 800 children each week
Club Coaching Activities:
- Coaching and supporting of juvenile teams
- Oversee OgDwyers Academy on Saturday morning which is attended by almost 200 children
- Attend juvenile club matches
- Set-up and coordinate Summer & Easter camps
- Set-up and coordinate the annual mini-leagues.
All of the above activities and achievements could not have been possible without the continued support and help of:
- Our Chairman and the Executive, Our Coaching Officer and the Coaching and Games Committee
- All of the juvenile coaches and mentors who give up their personal free time to work with the juvenile teams as well as the principals and teachers in the primary and secondary schools that she works in.