Club Notes 30th August 2020
Return to play: Covid Officer Update
As teams are busy organising challenge games, a couple of reminders for consideration when planning
- Ensure games are kept locally to avoid long journeys, if playing away and you are organising lifts, the wearing of face masks for all in the car is recommended.
- Remind parents of recent guidelines re: participation ie 1 parent per child
- Complete the return to play forms in advance of each session
- Practice good health practices & sanitisation pre/post sessions
- Ensure that the attendance is updated on the App directly after each session.
Once again, thank you for your continued support with the implementation of the policies.
If you have any queries at all please do not hesitate me or your team COVID Supervisor
We have conducted a membership review for the 2020 season and the paid membership levels are extremely low versus what we expect. The club appreciate that there was a significant interruption to our season. However the majority of our teams are now back training and competitive games coming up.
We as a club need to ensure that every player and active member have paid their membership in full to ensure that they can play/train and are covered by insurance to play. All payment options will remain in place for the full year to facilitate installment payments and membership can be paid online via Club website or in the Club on Sat morning between 11 and 1
Further details available on our website membership page: https://odwyersgaa.com/membership/ or contact our Club Registrar Antionette on 089 4709815
Weekly Games Fixtures
Juvenile Teams Update
- ÓgDwyers (Nursery) and U7s Academy: It was a long summer in lockdown but the Ógs are back. We had great turn out of players and coaches at the new Saturday morning time of 9.30. The ÓgDwyers and U7s Academy programme is for boys and girls aged 4 to 7 and offers a fun focused introduction to gaelic games. New players are always welcome.
- U8 Girls (Girls Born 2012): This week the U8 girls welcomed Skerries Harps to Bremore Park. The girls have made great progress in training since starting back and this really showed in two excellent performances. Training takes place Wednesday Nights at 7PM. New players always welcome.
- U9s Girls (Born 2011): We had great numbers out this week for training and played St.Pats in two hard fought games on a bright Sunday morning. The girls were well able for their opponents and pushed hard until the very end showing great team work and skills. Big well done to Sophie who played her first match with the team. Camogie training on Monday and Wednesday @ 7.00 . New players are very welcome, for further details on practice times and what you need to get started call, whatsapp or sms Damien on 087 910 4600
- U9s Mixed ( Boys Born 2011): The lads had a great run out on against our neighbours St.Maurs. The few lucky parents that could attend were provided with a couple of great games, a host of skills and some great individual performances. Special mention goes to Ryan who played his first hurling game for the club, well done Ryan. We are training Monday and Wednesday, and hope to have a challenge game organised from Saturday. Best wishes to all the kids as they return to school this week. New players are very welcome, for further details on practice times and what you need to get started give Mick a call on 086 8211129
- U11s Mixed (Boys & Girls Born 2009): On Saturday 29th August, thirty one U11s togged out to play our neighbours St. Maurs of Rush in Hurling in Bremore. It was great to see so many U11s wanting to represent the green & white of O Dwyers. Both teams were dominant from the start and continued to put in excellent 2nd half performances. Big thanks to the u11 girls who togged out for the team. Mentors and parents were very proud of all the players. Well done to all!! Training continues this week with gaelic football sessions scheduled for 7pm in Bremore on Tuesday & 6pm in Bremore on Friday. U11s are playing at home to Round Towers Lusk in Gaelic Football on Saturday. We would love to see new players join our panel. If interested please contact Ronan @ 0872209497.
- U16 Boys (Born 2004): Our u16 panel played the final round of championship, Both teams will progress to the next stage of Championship.
- Green team ( A team ) C Champ Quarter Finals
- White team ( B team ) D Shield
Our hurlers are up this coming weekend in Champ playing Round Towers C. Training resumes on Mon ( Football ) and Tues (Hurling)
- Minor 2021 PreSeason will be taking place in Oct for both Football & Hurling, we will be contacting old players in the coming weeks to build a strong panel for upcoming season
- If you know any previous players or New players ( Date of Birth 2003 & 2004 ) all are very welcome, for further details on training times Call on whatsapp or sms Robbie 086 8282753 or Dave 087 9702479
Adult Teams Update
- Adult Ladies Football : Our ladies will take to the field in Bremore Park on Wednesday 2nd September at 18.30 against Ballinteer St Johns New players are very welcome, for further details on practice times and what you need to get started call, whatsapp or sms Mick on 089 – 2023226
- Adult Men Football: Our men put on an exciting and at times nail biting display of football against Crumlin in the Junior 1 Championship Quarter Final in Bremore Park on Sunday morning. They went into the second half 4 points up and following a scary final few minutes, O’Dwyers held Crumlin off and won by two points. We eagerly await news of the semi final fixture. New players are very welcome, for further details on practice times and what you need to get started call, whatsapp or sms Sean 0868341104 or Davey 086 8287484
- Adult Mens Hurlers : New players are very welcome, for further details on practice times and what you need to get started call, whatsapp or sms Paul on 087 2077181
Our club shop is open every Saturday morning between 11am and 12pm with a stock of club tops, bottoms, hurls, helmets, gum shields, socks and shorts. The shop has new hurls and helmets for sale. If anybody has a helmet they would like to trade-in or not using please bring it down to the club shop.
**Club Lotto is now available via My Club/Lotto for same great options **
Lotto is now also available on our Clubzap App with lots of very handy one off and recurring options.
Club Lotto was not won on Monday last, numbers drawn were 13,20,23 Next draw is on Monday 31st August. Jackpot will be €1900
Our lotto provides a greatly needed source of income to the club which as we all know, we have been without since March. We would encourage all our neighbours and friends to play our lotto either at our new designated lotto point behind the checkouts in SuperValu or online on our website www.odwyersgaa.com
Happy 60th Wedding Anniversary!
We would like to extend our warmest wishes and congratulations to our Club President Dinny and his wife Terry O’Leary who celebrate 60 years of marriage today Sunday 30th August. Dinny also celebrates his birthday tomorrow 31st August. Happy Birthday Dinny!
Keep updated with all the latest news from the club by following/visiting us at