Club Notes 6th September 2020
Return to play: Covid Officer Update
As teams are busy organising challenge games, a couple of reminders for consideration when planning
- Ensure games are kept locally to avoid long journeys, if playing away and you are organising lifts, the wearing of face masks for all in the car is recommended.
- Remind parents of recent guidelines re: participation ie 1 parent per child
- Complete the return to play forms in advance of each session
- Practice good health practices & sanitisation pre/post sessions
- Ensure that the attendance is updated on the App directly after each session.
Once again, thank you for your continued support with the implementation of the policies.
If you have any queries at all please do not hesitate me or your team COVID Supervisor
Stay updated: ClubZap Mobile App
As our club continues to grow, managing communications gets more challenging. Earlier this year the club invested in ClubZap which gives us mobile app, messaging and fixtures/results integration all in one platform.
Install the App on your Device
- Download ClubZap here https://clubzap.com/download?club_id=2703
- Search for “O’Dwyers GAA” in the club search
- Validate your installation by completing the form with your Name, Email & Phone Number
- If prompted enter the 6 digit validation code you received via text message
To join the your Team /Group in the App
- Open the Chat tab on the app and select the group you wish to update.
- Click on the chat bubble in the bottom right of your screen.
- Select your club from the list of clubs you are currently following. This list will only contain 1 club if you are only subscribed to 1 club
- You will see a list of groups active, Select your team and hit the “Request to Join” button. Your status will then become Request Pending for that group until the admin accepts your request.
- Note: The group admins will get a notification informing them of your request to join and you will get a notification with the outcome. If you are accepted into a group all existing members will see a notification that you have joined the group. Further Information & Help here: https://odwyersgaa.com/clubzap/
For all Juvenile Players, we would request that where possible at least two parents/guardians join the app in case of event emergency/ unforeseen circumstances
We as a club need to ensure that every player and active member have paid their membership in full to ensure that they can play/train and are covered by insurance to play. All payment options will remain in place for the full year to facilitate installment payments and membership can be paid online via Club website or in the Club on Sat morning between 11 and 1
Further details available on our website membership page: https://odwyersgaa.com/membership/ or contact our Club Registrar Antionette on 089 4709815
Weekly Games Fixtures
ÓgDwyers Nursery & Academy Programme: We’re Back (Saturday at 9.30am)
Centred around fun, enjoyment, and making friends for life, ÓgDwyers is an environment that has respect, teamwork, and honesty as its core values. Promotion of these values will encourage participation and the development of a positive experience within our club so as to sustain a lifelong involvement within Gaelic Games.
The ÓgDwyers Nursery & U7s Academy programme is for boys and girls aged 4 to 7 and offers a fun focused introduction to gaelic games. It takes place each Saturday at 9.30am in O’Dwyers Main Pitch., download club Zap and join the ÓgDwyers group to stay updated. New players are always welcome
Juvenile Teams Update
- U8s Mixed (Boys & Girls Born 2012): On the back of a great challenge match against St Pats of Donabate last Saturday, our U8’s played had their own challenge match amongst themselves on Saturday morning. Kids are improving all the time and really showcased their football skills. Hurling Training next Wednesday and we have a home match against Donabate next Saturday. New players are very welcome, for further details on practice times and what you need to get started call, whatsapp or sms Declan on 087 9189478.
- U9s Girls (Born 2011): We had great numbers out this week for training and played St.Maurs in two hard fought games on a bright Sunday morning. The girls were well able for their opponents and pushed hard until the very end showing great team work and skills. Football training on Monday and Wednesday @ 7.00 . New players are very welcome, for further details on practice times and what you need to get started call, whatsapp or sms Damien on 087 910 4600
- U9s Mixed ( Boys Born 2011): We had a 9.15am throw-in on Saturday Morning, once the lads got shot of the sleepy dust they got into their stride, delighting coaches and parents. Their skills are really coming on, with a few of them trying to kick and hand pass on their non-dominant side, great to see and something that will stay with them into adulthood. Special mention to the U8 lads, Cian, James and Jack for helping us out this morning, they were first class. Thanks to all the parents who got everyone out of bed early this morning, without you those smiling faces at the end would not be possible. We are hurling training Monday and Wednesday, and have an away challenge game organised against Trinity Gaels on Saturday morning. New players are very welcome, for further details on practice times and what you need to get started give Mick a call on 086 8211129
- U10s Mixed (Born 2010): We had a great mornings football on Saturday versus St Peters. Great to see all the skills that they are working hard on it training being put into practice on the pitch. Peters are a strong team but as an overall unit we were more than a match for them and we are developing as an entire group. All of the coaches were delighted with the way the kids performed. Big thanks to Sam, Fionn and Dawid from our u9s who helped us out as we were short numbers and performed brilliantly. Congratulations also to Caiden and Kyle playing their first games and have shown they will be fine additions to our group. For further details on practice times and what you need to get started call, whatsapp or sms Adrian on 087 7791461
- U10 Girls (Born 2010): Our U10 girls welcomed a strong camogie team from St Judes on Saturday 5th Sep. The teams were fairly evenly matched and the games presented a good challenge for the girls to put into practice their learning from training over the last 2 weeks. We asked the girls to make things difficult for the other team, they certainly did that and more.Our girls got stuck in from the very start of the games and their determination continued until the final blow of the whistle. A big thanks to Rebecca from the U9s and a few other club stars who helped us out on Saturday. We are actively seeking new girls to join our team, so if you know any girls born in 2010 please send them down to training on Wednesday or Friday from 7pm For further details on practice times and what you need to get started call, aw whatsapp or sms Michael on 087 – 9693780
- U11s Mixed (Boys & Girls Born 2009): On Saturday 5th September thirty U11s togged out to play our neighbours Round Towers Lusk in Gaelic Football in Bremore. All teams were very competitive with some outstanding defending and well taken scores on show. Big thanks to the u11 girls who togged out for the team. Mentors and parents were very proud of all the players. Well done to all!! Training continues this week with hurling sessions scheduled for 7pm in Bremore on Tuesday & 6pm in Bremore on Friday. U11s are playing home to Fingallians in Hurling on Saturday. We would love to see new players join our panel. If interested please contact Ronan @ 0872209497.
- U12 Girls (Girls Born 2008): 3 strong teams along with help from our super U10s joined the O’Dwyers Senior Camogie team this weekend to play against Na Fianna. Each game was end to end with super scores and skill set on show from both teams. We had a couple of broken hurls from some beautiful blocks and a lot of hard work along the way. Big thanks also to all the parents supporting the team with lining the pitches, lifting the goals and continuing to encourage the girls at home with daily practice. This week we get ready for Football away to Clontarf with new training days due to limited light and facilities. Training is now on Wednesday and Friday this Autumn and Winter. New players are very welcome, for further details on practice times and what you need to get started call, whatsapp or sms Barry on 087 7389593
Youth Teams Update
- U15 Boys(Born 2005) Hurling : We played a very competitive championship match at home v this morning. In a very fast paced and hard hitting match with John, Sean C, Sean R and Pádraig among the scorers, we came out with a win on a scoreline of O’Dwyers 2 – 21 Bohernabreena 3 – 12 to top the group heading into the quarter finals.
- U16 Boys (Born 2004): Our u16 hurling were back to winning ways with a great win against Round Towers Clondalkin, we still have a lot to play for in the hurling champ. This up coming weekend our football teams are out in the knockout stages of football championship
- Green team ( A team ) C Champ vs Ballyboden or O’Toole’s
- White team ( B team ) D Shield vs St Vincents
- Two very challenging games up ahead for the lads, but we will go into them confident
- Training resumes on Mon ( Football ) and Tues (Hurling)
- Minor 2021 PreSeason will be taking place in Oct for both Football & Hurling, we will be contacting old players in the coming weeks to build a strong panel for upcoming season
- If you know any previous players or New players ( Date of Birth 2003 & 2004 ) all are very welcome, for further details on training times Call on whatsapp or sms Robbie 086 8282753 or Dave 087 9702479
Adult Teams Update
- Adult Ladies Football : New players are very welcome, for further details on practice times and what you need to get started call, whatsapp or sms Mick on 089 – 2023226
- Adult Men Football: New players are very welcome, for further details on practice times and what you need to get started call, whatsapp or sms Sean 0868341104 or Davey 086 8287484
- Adult Mens Hurlers : New players are very welcome, for further details on practice times and what you need to get started call, whatsapp or sms Paul on 087 2077181
Our club shop is open every Saturday morning between 11am and 12pm with a stock of club tops, bottoms, hurls, helmets, gum shields, socks and shorts. The shop has new hurls and helmets for sale. If anybody has a helmet they would like to trade-in or not using please bring it down to the club shop.
**Club Lotto is now available on Clubzap App via My Club/Lotto for same great options **
Club Lotto was not won on Monday last, numbers drawn were 5,6,10. Next draw is on Monday 6th September. Jackpot will be €2000
Our lotto provides a greatly needed source of income to the club which as we all know, we have been without since March. We would encourage all our neighbours and friends to play our lotto either at our new designated lotto point behind the checkouts in SuperValu or online on our website www.odwyersgaa.com
Drive In Bingo
Sunday 13th September, 3pm, Club Pitch
Clubhouse will not be open
Cash for Clobber
Great News!! Due to popular demand, we are now accepting bags of used clothes on a continuous basis.
What do we want? Men’s ladies and children’s clothing,Paired shoes (tied together), Handbags, hats, scarves and ties, belts and soft toys.
We do NOT accept: Duvets, blankets, bedding, pillows, cushions, charity shop items, carpets, rugs and mats.
Keep updated with all the latest news from the club by following/visiting us at
- ClubZap: https://odwyersgaa.com/clubzap/
- Twitter: @odwyersgaa
- Facebook: O’DwyersGAA
- Web: www.odwyersgaa.com
- Contact Us: A full list of club contacts is available here: https://odwyersgaa.com/key-contacts/