Club Skill Week(s) Coaching
The O’Dwyers Summer Camps provide boys and girls – between the ages of 4 and 13 – with an action-packed and fun-filled week of activity during the summer holidays which revolves around maximising enjoyment and sustaining participant involvement in Gaelic Games.
The week’s activities are game-based, with a strong emphasis placed on skill acquisition, and are organised in an age-appropriate manner with a view to optimising learning, enhancing friendships, improving physical & psychological wellbeing, promoting school and club links.
- Junior Camp (Mon 05/07 to Fri 09/07)
- Cul Camp (Mon 12/07 to Fri 16/07)
- Club Camp (Mon 19/07 to Fri 23/07)
Camp Coaching Pre-Requisites
- All coaches must be a member of Club
- All coaches must be Garda Vetted
- Any coach 16 applying must be Garda vetted & a parental consent filled out.
- All coaches must have completed a safeguarding course.
- Completed the Covid19 eLearning course and the GAA Health Questionnaire
- Completed a least one of the following courses
- Award 1 football or Hurling
- Award 2 football. or Hurling
What’s Expected from the Coaches
- Set up activity
- Different fun game each morning.
- Planning activities at the stations
- Equipment tidy up
- All coaches must be on time – start time 9.15 and finish time when all children have been collected.
- All equipment used to be accounted for by each coach in the morning & signed off and put away at the end of each day.
- All Coaches applying must be available for 5-days.
- No mobile phones allowed on the pitch while coaching/helping
- Be available to have a meeting with our GPO Anthony prior to activities
Position and rate of pay for 5-day Week.
- Senior Coach: Aged 20 plus (€200)
- Junior Coach: Aged 18-20 (€150)
- Coaches Assistant: Aged 16-18. (€100)
Camp Coaches Online Application
If you interested in coaching at the Camps and meet the above criteria, please complete the following online application form
Further Info & Guidance
For further information or guidance in being a coach or an assistant coach at the camp, text/WhatApps Denise on 086 120 2694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org